Thursday, January 19, 2012

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY DARLA

My little Darla turns one today! I cannot believe how fast time flies. She is such a sweet dog and a total goof ball! I look forward to our future as a therapy dog team. We are celebrating by a few hours at the dog park, new toys, and I made some homemade dog treats for her :)
Darla at 4 months

Darla at 9 months

Darla at 11 months


Here is the recipe for the treats I made.

Peanut Butter and "Chocolate" Puppy Puffs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
1 cup Carob chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
Mix Flour and baking powder. 
In another bowl, mix milk and peanut butter (I like to heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 15 seconds so it blends with ease). 
Mix the milk/peanut butter with the flour/baking powder and stir until a dough forms. 
Roll small amounts of dough into little balls and lay them on a cookie sheet.
Bake for about 15 or until the edges are browned. 

Heat the carob chips in a sauce pan over low heat until they are melted.
You can drizzle the melted "chocolate" over the puppy puffs or take a spoon full and swirl it over the treats (which is what I did but it gets messy!)

Decorate with a small amount of sprinkles, cut up bananas, or whatever your dog loves!

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment